Monday, March 2, 2009

Putting it into Perspective

So yesterday was a big day…4lb weight loss in my first week. I’m happy about it, thought I wish I could have lost 10lbs… and I only hope I can be so lucky to have another 4lb weight loss this week too. But that’s not why I’m writing…

Last night I was sitting on the couch with Ian and he picked up the 5lb weight I use for my chest fly exercise. (I use both 3lb and 5lb weights.) He held it up and said “Wow, this is just 1lb more than what you lost last week.”

Whaaaaat? He’s right. But I hadn’t thought about it that way. To me, it was just 4lbs…It seems like that is such a little amount in the grand scheme of things…4 out of 30…

But think about this…Imagine wearing a 5lb vest and running around doing your daily tasks…it sounds terrible! Now imagine wearing a 30lb jumpsuit. No wonder I’ve been so tired.

1 comment:

  1. You don't want to rush your weight loss. If it comes off slowly, it will stay off. If you rush it, you will probably crash and burn. Because if you're losing 10 lbs. in a week, then you're doing something very drastic and you will probably end up binging! You are strong and you can see this through. You will meet your goal! And remember, as you work out, you will gain muscle so weight loss may not always be big but remember what you're GAINING! Again, you rock :)

    ReplyDelete