Saturday, February 28, 2009

Motivation

It's 11:15am on my first Saturday officially sticking to plan...last night's dinner was terrible and I'm feeling pretty guilty about it. I'm feeling really flabby today and I know that part of it is because I had a lot of salt last night and because I'm getting that "soft fat" around my midsection and legs that I know always happens when I start working out. Followed by this is even softer fat--it's the melting process...and I should be happy but I'm feeling really guilty about last night.

So I sat down with the calendar and reminded myself that I have just under 5 months to reach my goal. If I average 3lbs a week, I'll have reached my goal and then some by Memorial Day...I would be exactly the same weight I was on Memorial Day 2006. Knowing that 3lbs might not happen every week, and knowing that my birthday is 6 weeks after Memorial Day I realize that my goal can be a reality and one bad dinner didn't set me back. I have to stop thinking that I want to be skinny RIGHT NOW and remember that I set that goal for the day I celebrate 30! Basically, what mean is, I have to stop sulking today and just get up off my tookus and keep moving.

I am reminded that while I am not back in my old jeans this week, it doesn't mean I won't be back into my intermediate "there's no way I will gain more weight" jeans/pants in few weeks. Sometime in 4-6 weeks from now, (12lbs) I have clothes I'll be able to fit into again.

I'm off to do house cleaning and either the treadmill or Jillian...then food shopping...so I don't have another night like last night where we ate what we ate because there was nothing else in the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment