Thursday, February 26, 2009

(sing it) I want candy! I want candy!

"I know a cookie that's gooey and sweet. It smells so good, I want to cheat! Caramel DeLites are what I desire...someone please set my head on fire...I want COOKIES....I WANT COOKIES."

Yea, that was my day. We have THREE boxes of Girl Scout cookies on our common table in my work area. Now, I have 35 weekly points that I can use any way I want over the week. I could have a Caramel DeLite. But, see, they are evil. If I have 1, I'll eat 7, because when I bite into 1 I feel the rush of happiness...the chocolately, caramel, coconutty gooey goodness makes my mouth water. And I love them...

This was the first time this has happened this week...was it because I didn't work out last night? Or because I didn't have time to finish my morning coffee? I sat at my desk this afternoon...trying to ignore the sweet smell of sugary goodness that seemed to follow me around all day today. I waited as long as I could and then I ate 2 Thin Mint cookies. But not before calculating the points on the WW website. I can control my intake of those. =) 2 cookies, 2 points.

I'd like to say it was enough and that I spent the next 2 hours happy and satisfied. I was exhausted and starving when I came home; I SHREDDED and made dinner. Curry chicken and rice. My recipe...altered to fit my points...While I still wouldn't mind sinking my teeth into a Caramel DeLite, I know that if I want to reach my goal, I need to stay away from them for a little while. I'll have them again someday...while I'm wearing a form fitting shirt and my goal jeans...=)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the Girl Scout cookies, Annie... And so proud of you for resisting the urge, but still treating yourself to the Thin Mints. I have to say though, that I wish I didn't know they were only a point a piece. Being that I'm not doing WW, my point intake is made up daily by me, and I think I definitely have about 6 or 7 extra points for today to dedicate towards Thin Mints. So, I'm thinking I better go for a walk or something...
    My trainer, Bob,;) has suggested that I eat Extra gum when I'm feeling those urges. I wonder if I can walk and chew gum at the same time...wish me luck! And I hope today is a temptation free day for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far today, I haven't had any issues with cravings. It's interesting that you mentioned the gum thing because I ran out of gum and didn't have any yesterday. Normally I chew gum for most of the day...I wonder if that's what it was...I wasn't hungry--my jaw was bored. =) Thanks Bethy! And resist the urge!

    ReplyDelete