I just finished reading “Such a Pretty Fat” by Jen Lancaster. Awesome book. I’m totally inspired, because she tried Atkins, Jenny Craig and finally found that Weight Watchers worked best for her because she would eat what she wanted as long as it was within her POINTS. But the thing is, her feelings about weight loss, her battle with it, felt really similar to the way I feel…So she lost 40lbs…but she had a trainer named Barbie. I have a trainer named Jillian and she’s been on TV. But my biggest battle is knowing which foods to eat…I can shrink my portions but with certain foods, maybe shrinking portions isn’t enough…I’m not the best at decided how to make things “good for me.”
While checking out my name change information for work, I stumbled upon the DISCOUNT Weight Watchers program available through work. The weight loss gods were smiling on me as I signed up for a 3-month membership.
Now, I have tried WW before. I was 19. I didn’t know how to cook. I was in college. I lost…10lbs in a few weeks…then we stopped. I hated the meetings, my mom wasn’t losing weight and…I dunno…we just sort of stopped.
I did the “6-week body makeover” back in 2004…lost 17lbs eating 5 meals a day…and maintained that for a while…it was when I incorporated going to Curves that I gained weight…or maybe it was when I started cooking for myself…around the same time I fell in love…/sigh…I’m not blaming my wonderful husband for my 30lb weight gain. I blame the fact that I made such tasty food for him to impress him with my new found culinary skills and then I ate lots of that food too. No. Self. Control.
Back to WW…that was 10 years ago…technology has made WW better. NO MEETINGS. Well, at least not for me. But the coolest part…I entered in pork chops (because that is what we’re having for dinner) and I got 13 recipes with POINT count for pork chops. And then I entered cauliflower and got 13 recipes for that! Tonight’s dinner will be 6 POINTS. Combine that with my point for lunch, breakfast and a snack and I have 3 POINTS left for today.
I have a date with the treadmill/Jillian tonight. I feel guilty for not exercising yesterday but I couldn’t bend my legs, walk up/down stairs, etc. Not sure how today will work out either.
Now that we’re up to speed, future posts will be shorter. Weight updates will be on Sunday, which is the day I picked for my WW weigh in.
No comments:
Post a Comment