Last night I went to bed around...11:00pm. I woke up at my usual time, somewhere aroun 6am. Showered...checked my email...and I didn't go back to bed. I made coffee. I didn't feel like I had been hit by a truck. The soreness in my legs felt good instead of like being stabbed by 9000 knives.
I got to work and logged my coffee and the scrambled eggs I was going to get from the cafeteria after my Tuesday morning meeting. I got to the meeting and felt so energized and clear...I felt...alive. Shortly after I finished my 2 scrambled eggs, my boss called me in early for my annual review. After giving him some feedback and some suggestions about how we could do things better in the group (something I had thought of while in the morning meeting) he thanked for being a great member of the team and for doing a fantastic job. And also for the great feedback which he was going to implement immediately. This working out thing ROCKS!
After a quick lunch of turkey, mayo and lettuce on a wheat wrap (I wasn't feeling creative today) we hustled the 1/2 mile over to the plant for a meeting. (Someone actually mapped out the distance from door to door on plant drawings.) I wasn't writing my name 100 time or drawing pictures of hamburgers and shakes (yes, I usually do draw those things in my margins) during the meeting. I was...dare I say...FOCUSED. I treated myself with a little Rice Krispie Treat when I got back. 2 POINTS.
I've just completed the SHRED. I have to say, I really think I'm getting stronger because I didn't get winded during the warm up...I know...sounds lame right? But I actually made it through jumping jacks without panting...actually, now that I think about it, I didn't start breathing hard until the second set! WOOHOO!!
My awesome husband started dinner--Salsa Chicken--my recipe. I entered the ingredients into the WW Recipe Builder and it's...9 POINTS. OK ok ok...I have 10 left for the day. I should be able to finish up the night with a cup of coffee with, get this, Coffee-Mate Italian Sweet Cream in it. 1 POINT. Am I on a diet?
You sound so powerful and in control Annie - I'm so happy for you that things are going great with your better eating and incorporating exercise...AND you're kicking butt!!! XOXO
ReplyDelete