Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Warrior

So I haven't stepped on the scale since Friday morning.  I'd normally consider this a major accomplishment...but the only reason I haven't stepped on is because I had a burger on Friday night and some Indian food on Saturday night.  I did, however, try to make a healthier choice than normal last night, and I didn't have a lot of rice, only had a small piece of naan...I did have a Mango Lassi...which I probably should have skipped.  But I figured I'm not going to make it through the next 17 weeks by depriving myself of things and working my butt off while exercising (yesterday was Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred, which was 425 calories, in case you were wondering) and never allowing myself just a little something every so often.  And by every so often, I don't mean every day, I mean maybe once or twice a week...so that way, when I actually get to my goal weight, and I have a small piece of cake, I don't go on a sweets binge and eat the entire cake because I have wanted it for so long...or so that I don't go running for McDonalds when the scale won't budge...

I am eating this very strict diet and gradually adding little things back in. Not bad things, just things that are usually healthy that I am leaving out of my diet.  For example, I can't wait to have turkey, lettuce and tomato with a little mayo on wheat bread for lunch...but right now, I am not eating bread...well, minus that burger bun and the small piece of naan from this weekend...which yes, I am feeling guilty about, but I know that I'm going to be making all the right choices this week, so I'll recover...

In the meantime, I did check my measurements, since I checked them a week ago...and I've gained inches...I'm going to chalk that up to working out and not think about it until April 15th.  I hope I can wait that long.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment