SO, today was DAY 1 of this whole...17 week THING...
I found this great website. www.fitday.com
It is very helpful in helping me count my calories in all of the meals that I'm eating.
Today's Menu:
Breakfast
1/2 grapefruit with Truvia
1 scrambled egg
AM Snack
3oz chicken breast
1/2 apple
Lunch
1 c spinach
1/2 can of tuna
1 part skim mozzarella string cheese
PM Snack
1 Acme Light Banana Cream Pie Yogurt
3 tbsp granola
Dinner
4oz spicy garlic shrimp
1/2c Quinoa
And for my evening snack, I'm trying a protein shake, compliments of Pinkie, who shared her Tropical Punch protein mix with me. I'll be doing that a little later, as I've just finished eating dinner.
So as of right now, with all of that food (minus the shake) I am at 1250 calories, 26g of Fat, 130g of Carbs, 113g of Protein.
On a side note, here's an interesting thought:
My favorite food, a McDonalds Big Mac (drooling at the thought of the Thousand Island, pickley, sesame, meaty goodness, just look at it peeking out from just above that third slice of bread) has 540 calories, 29g of Fat, 45g carbs, and 25g protein. And my large fries that usually accompany said Big Mac...ehem...a whopping 500 calories, 25g fat, 63 carbs and 6g protein...so I'll do that math for you here...thats 1040 calories, 54g fat, 108g carbs and 31g protein. Awesome.
Moving on...Focusing...(seriously, my mouth is watering) according to fitday.com, in order to lose 31lbs by my 31st birthday, I need to consume no more than 1,680 calories a day.
I am not sure how exercise fits into it...
According to my new HRM, during today's Cardio Max workout with Bob the Trainer, I burned 527 calories?! WHAAAT? I was sweating like crazy and my heart rate did get really high up there and stayed there for a while...
No wonder those Biggest Loser contestants lose weight fast!
Crossing my fingers that this works...

2 things: 1.what's an HRM and
ReplyDelete2. that's not meat you are drooling about on that BIG mac so fogetaboutit
And 3. 3rd try? whose counting? It's your first try this time, from where I sit.
I know you can do this!!
Thanks Bethy! A HRM is a Heart Rate Monitor...basically it's a watch that picks up a signal from a chest strap that is picking up my heart beat...it tells me how long I've been in my fat buring zones, how many calories I've burned, etc.
ReplyDeleteAnd...it IS meat...and now I'm drooling again!!!!!