Saturday, December 12, 2009

Something I find interesting...

I've been 30 Day Shredding since Monday. I took last night off to go to Ian's Christmas happy hour at DiPaolo's in Penns Grove. On Fridays night they have a free buffet from 4-8pm. I figured that my quads were begging me for a little break and this was an opportunity (read excuse) to give them that rest.

This morning I was up at 5am to run 15 miles on the treadmill. No, I'm kidding. But I was up at 5am to go to work for a power down of a 30 year old computer. I was home around 8:30am and rested for about an hour in the warmth of my bed, trying to forget that I went to work. We headed out after cleaning up all the mail and recycling from the hallways floor and stairs and we came home around 3pm. I was falling asleep in the car.

I told Ian that I needed a little rest and since he was reading right next to me, to wake up me up when he finished reading. 2 hours later he came upstairs to wake me. He said I needed the nap.

I thought about eating the piece of Dove dark chocolate that has been calling my name for the last 24 hours but instead Ian grabbed some baby carrots and peanut butter and we munched on those for a little while I searched WW.com to find something to make for dinner. I wanted cheesey, buttery, salty, crunchy and comforting food.

My energy returned and I decided to take advantage of what might be a 5 second energy burst and I ran upstairs to start up the Shred DVD. 30 minutes later I'm back downstairs at the kitchen table searching on WW.com for a recipe that involves spinach...and the idea of cheesey, buttery, salty, crunch and comforting food kind of makes me feel a little sick right now.

So that is a little annoying...but most excellent at the same time because I almost make a really terrible choice for dinner and now that I've worked out and done something good for my body, my body is doing something good for me--it is helping me make a smarter choice.

Thanks Body!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So, what did you make for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made...ehem...whole wheat pasta--Barilla makes a really yummy one that tastes just like regular pasta--and I used 5 cloves of garlic, some oregano, parsley and black pepper and a little salt to taste...heated that up and added some fresh spinach...cooked that down and added a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles...Ian suggested some feta cheese too, so we sprinkled a little of that on top and it was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete