Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update

Due to my recent health issues--unable to breathe, ribs out of place, possible asthma issues--I have taken the focus off of working out and losing weight...

My doctor has put me on one more allergy medication that also helps with asthma and exercise induced asthma...I just started taking it today. He also assured me that my 4-8% curve in my spine is nothing to worry about and surgery/rods in my back wouldn't even be considered until 30%. He said that my curve appears to be something that started and stopped during puberty. So why am I in pain? Because I started exercising, used muscles that I haven't used in years and ticked off my back...

I also have a stye in my eye...

But to my faithful followers...all...3 of you...here's the weight loss update:

I haven't lost a pound since my last weigh in...I haven't gained one either...I have lost some inches around my waist, hips and thighs...not sure how...

I have been sticking to my diet, for the most part...Last weekend I was in Lancaster and I swore I gained 10lbs while there, but by Tuesday I was back down to my week 8 and 9 weigh in weight. Thank goodness!

And this is my week of the month where I crave McDonalds, cheesesteaks, chocolate and have strange desires to eat chocolate covered potato chips...

My doctor thinks I have anxiety issues...and that is what is causing my breathing issues...I don't completely agree with him...but I decided that I can't stress out about my weight right now and the fact that I'm not exercising.

My chiropractor adjusted me today...he said no lifting over my head type exercising until we can get my ribs in place and keep them there. I can bike and walk, but I have to keep it simple...

So that's what's going on here...I'm thinking that if this new medication plus chiropractic treatment helps, I'm going to start a treadmill routine.

I'll update over the weekend...Sunday is weigh in day!

1 comment:

  1. You had me at chocolate covered potato chips...My weigh -in is, oh, now!

    ReplyDelete