10 points to the first person who can tell me which DVD exercise queen says that...bonus points if you can tell me which DVD.
OK, well since I am pretty sure I only have one regular reader...remember this Crouton? Denise Austin, Personal Trainer. Awww yea. I just did a 1 hour work out. I started laughing as we started "burning butter" in the beginning but soon I was sweating and smiling as I thought back to a time when my sister and I used to work out to this DVD together and her daughter, who was probably 3 or 4? came down and joined us one time...I'll never forget her standing in front of the TV with her arms in the air, swaying and tilting from side to side with us...and as I did it tonight I couldn't help but think...why has it been so long since I've exercised with Denise?
I think I was looking for a faster answer. I was in fairly decent shape when I was working out with Denise Austin...the toning and fat burning I needed back then proabably could have been resolved if I had committed myself to some weight training and walking everyday. I was so worried about looking fat that fat snuck up on me and stuck...and now I'm here...almost 5 years since my days of being almost a size 10 again...reacquanting with Denise.
The thing that is nice about the Personal Trainer work out is that you can customize it. There is a Low, Medium and High Intensity work out which includes cardio, arms, lower body, abs and stretching and then you can customize your work out...say you only want to do cardio, arms and abs--and you aren't a cardio lover so you can start with low intensity cardio but choose from low, medium or high intensity arms.
Tonight I did low cardio, medium arms and lower body and abs. That is about 50 minutes of exercise. I was so lost in the moment that I didn't even realize it. I was sweating by the time I got to the end of the cardio...cooled down during arms, started sweating again during lower body, and screamed during abs (and here I thought my abs were strong...fat but strong!) Overall I feel really great right now. Jillian's workouts make me feel strong and wobbly...Denise's work out left me feeling long, lean and relaxed. I think that is what I need right now.
I'm off to make some Baked Shrimp in Lemony Garlic Sauce. WW recipe...I think I'll serve it over rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment