Saturday, January 23, 2010

10 Days to a Better Body

OK. So while I love Denise, I was looking for something I could do that was cardio and weights but not at the same time. Denise's high impact routine had me be-bopping around with a pair of weights and I wound up hurting my back again...which means I have to stick to her low impact workout...which is ok but I really need to step up my cardio.

Today, 10 Days to a Better Body arrived. I decided to try something new and because the reviews compared it to a Jillian DVD that I have as far as calorie burning, I decided to give it a whirl...

The DVD is broken into 2 30 minute segments, to be alternated for 10 days straight. Cardio with Upper Body/Abs and Cardio with Lower Body. I got thru 15 minutes and my heart started to do the whole "skipping every 3rd beat" thing and my body knew it was skipping every 3rd beat because the 4th beat was really strong and would make me feel woosy. So I had to stop...but so far I like it. I just need to remember that I can't have caffeine a few hours before I exercise...or stick to exercising after 5pm--I never have a problem after 5pm...

The DVD also comes with a menu guide for what I'm supposed to eat for the next 10 days. Yea. Ok. I think I need to take 10 days off of work in order to eat this way, but I'm going to keep in mind that it's a 1200-1300 calorie diet with three meals and 2-3 snacks a day. Some of the meals ideas aren't bad and there are options in the back if you don't like what is planned out. THe only thing I don't like is, for example, it lists chicken breast, bbq sauce and green beans for dinner...OK, logic tells me that I'm going to put the 1tsp of bbq sauce on the chicken...but do I boil it? Bbq it? Bake it? And do I steams the green beans?? Based on the diet, I think I could lose 8lbs in 10 days(which is what the DVD says you could possibly lose) just by following the diet plan. Geesh. I would rather follow a diet plan that is more realistic for my lifestyle...so that way I can stick to it...I am not going to spend the rest of my life eating boring food.

I'll try to update with my progress...I hope I can do this 10 days in a row...I don't think I'll count today since I didn't finish--it was more of a preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment