Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Results Are In...

My catscan got put on hold because they wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant.  So I'm rescheduling it for sometime this coming week because I have confirmed that I am not pregnant.

The doc called me last night to let me know the results of my blood work that I had done right before Thanksgiving.

He said "Your labs look great!  (blah!) Your thyroid looks great!  (phew)  But your vitamin D levels were low, which isn't a major concern but I want you to go to the store and get some Vitamin D, 1000mg, and make sure it is D3.  The problem is that the low level of concern is 25. Your level was 27.  If you're low on vitamin D, your body won't process calcium properly, which could be why you were experiencing the issues you've been having..."(whaaat?)

So as we were talking, I pulled the bottle of vitamin D from the cabinet and popped two chewy vitamins in my mouth...yum.  (Actually, they are.)

And last night I read about what a vitamin D deficiency means...

Here are some key points:

  • Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium.  
  • Vitamin D helps you maintain weight - lack of vitamin D makes it very difficult to lose weight and very easy to gain weight
  • Babies need Vitamin D to grow.  Lack of vitamin D makes pregnancy and conceiving very difficult.
So here's to fixing my vitamin D problems...

Now for the catscan... 

No comments:

Post a Comment