So I had my cat scan on December 16th.
On the 17th, the doctor's office called to tell me that everything looked normal, except...
Except they saw a weird blood vessel (blood vessel variant) and wanted to investigate it further. Low level of concern, no rush to get the MRI is what they said...I heard "OMG Annie you have a blood vessel issue."
So I went to the doctor on the 22nd because my head was burning and because I wanted to have an eyeball to eyeball discussion with him regarding my parietal lobe and the variant living inside of it. He wasn't the one who called me--it was the other doc in the office--so this was the first time we were discussing it. Turns out, his opinion is that they were just covering their...themselves...and he didn't think they'd find anything abnormal.
He also gave me a head cream to take care of my burning scalp issue.
So on the 27th, at 10am I headed (haha) into my MRI. I knew I wouldn't like the closeness of a regular MRI so I booked the Open Bore MRI. Sweet. Thank you to everyone who gave me THAT advice. So they brought me in, gave me headphones, locked my head into a plastic cage and rolled me in...I was a mess. I closed my eyes and pretended that my Grandma was in the room with me and when I got out, I'd get to see her. She had her hand on my leg telling me everything was ok. I felt better. Then they rolled me out for the INJECTION. Sigh. Now I had just gotten over the cat scan injection so it was all fresh in my mind. And I am proud to say that I'm getting better with the whole needle thing...
Long story short, I made it...and I got a CD of my results, which has been fun to review.
On the 27th, at 3pm, the phone rang. It was my doctor's office.
Thump thump...thump thump...
I even answer the phone "Hi this is Annie" which is how I answer the phone at work...
thump thump...
It was the nurse there...I have already professed my love to her on occasion because she doesn't weigh me every time. We're close. So also always gets good blood pressure readings from me.
Anyway...she said that there was nothing wrong. Blood vessel is fine.
YAY!
And my nails are growing...
And I've lost 3lbs.
Thank you vitamin D.
Thank you MRI and Cat Scan Techs...
Thank you Dear Husband for taking me to my appointments.
Thank you to my mom and sister for listening me every time I called.
Happy New Year!
Your welcome :) Here's to a Happy, HEALTHY, 2011!
ReplyDelete