Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

This morning, after getting some fruit in the cafeteria, I went to get some napkins and stood off to the side and waited for my co-worker.  A few people walked out of the cafeteria to where I was standing and one gentleman came over to me and said "Excuse me...." so I looked up--I had seen him in the cafeteria before and have seen him on most mornings while I'm getting coffee or ordering eggs.  I figured he was going to ask me if I was the DTSQA Administrator--since right now I have about 160 people who owe me something and they're all callings me or seeking me out. 

Anyway, he stepped away from the people he was working with and in a low whisper said "are you losing weight?".  I was stunned.  And I smiled and laughed and said "Yes, I'm trying!" and he smiled kindly and said "well you can tell" and I smiled and said "Thank you!!" and he smiled and walked away. 

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment