Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back on the Wagon again

I haven't exercised since May 1st.  I'm not worried about this because on May 2nd I got sick and was sick all week.  Then when I finally started feeling better, the nausea from the head cold set in...

Today I decided that before my heart and lungs get too out of shape, I'd walk on the treadmill and try a little jog, just to try to stay in shape.  Since I magically lost weight in the last 10 days I figured I didn't need to push myself too hard to try to squeeze my buns back into shape.

It was a fairly good workout.  I'd have to say that I enjoyed it very much--and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I would be.

On another note, this weekend Ian and I watched a news story about the importance of being able to do push ups--something about the muscles they use, etc.  So each night I've been doing push ups and I believe he has too--I'm up to over 20 girl push ups and 10 tricep pushups.  I don't really like doing regular ones.

I also am not traveling this week--almost forgot to mention that...but this weekend I'll be flexing my muscles in Baltimore, helping a family member move.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were up to working out again! I'm back to working out with Bob. Much easier to do since Boot Camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually feel better in the afternoons, so I figured I would try it out--I was starting to feel lumpy. I'm not ready to jump back in at full steam but I was surprised at how easy it was to jog.

    ReplyDelete