...just come with me and we'll have fun....
Thanks, Sesame Street, for that little number...
Anyway, hello mid-April and cold weather. Gosh! This is STINKY! I have really been feeling crazy about exercise lately--as in, if I don't, I sit on the couch tapping my feet, wiggling around like I have too much energy and then I don't sleep well...so I have decided to give in and exercise as much as possible.
Over the last few days I have been experimenting with adding more calories and increasing my cardio--as in making cardio the focus of my workout. I am pleased to say that I no longer find the treadmill as boring as I used too. I am able to complete a 20 minute workout without going completely insane. I've actually found that wearing a watch, instead of watching the treadmill display, has helped. I have been doing a 5 minute warm up, then 1 minute of running followed by 1 minute of walking and repeating that until I get to 15 minutes where I start to take it down to a walk and in the last 2 minutes I do a 1 minute run and 1 minute walk again to blast my heart rate. Then I do arms and abs and stretching for 10 minutes. We shall see how that works out for me.
I have also started another blog about my other favorite thing to do--eating. What's For Dinner? is my latest blog where I will be listing some of my favorite recipes--my inventions, found in a recipe book, or passed on from a family member. Should be interesting to have 2 blogs but I figure if I'm on here tracking my calories, I might as well share some of the good stuff I've come across to help me on the weight loss journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment