Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back on the Weight Loss Wagon!

It’s been a while. Weight loss has been slipping…between those terrible 10 hours shifts and going on a cruise I managed to put about 5lbs back on. I’m actually about where I was when I had to stop exercising, which is weird but I don’t want to think about why I was continuing to lose weight while I wasn’t exercising (muscle melting away and turning into fat…eeek).

But I’m back with a new goal. This time I have enlisted two of my co-workers to a 12-week weight loss challenge. We don’t have a goal number, we just have to beat each other because there is an award and third place totally loses. This is going to be tough because I’m going up against 2 males. However, the agreement is to see who could lose the biggest percentage rather than pounds. So I might have a chance here….

Tomorrow we start our weigh in, bright and early. We already went down to the gym and asked if we could use the scale there. We plan on bi-weekly weigh-ins to keep each other motivated, but they’re not mandatory.

It should be interesting to see how it works out. The last weigh in is December 23, 2009. 12 weeks to go!!

Wish me luck! I’m hoping to lose 10% of my current weight which would leave me with only a few pounds left to go to meet my ultimate goal that I started with last February. If I can do it ALL by the one year anniversary of this blog, that would be AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back in the blog world, and glad this challenge ends before you start selling GS cookies for Emmy at work!! ;)

    ReplyDelete