If I weighed 140lbs…I know, I know, you can hardly believe that my chiseled physique weighs more than 140lbs…I haven’t been 140lbs since, er…high school…and I got close to it for like 3 days when I moved into my apartment and was throwing up every night because I was completely freaked about having my own place. Another story for another day…
Anyway, if I weighed 140lbs and I gained 2lbs or 4lbs in one weekend, would I cry? No. Because I would know why—I ate too much and didn’t burn enough or haven’t eliminated it naturally. And by midweek, I’d be back to my svelte 140lbs. I probably wouldn’t even know I had gained the weight because that would require dusting off my scale, because at that weight, who cares!
HOWEVER, at my “superchunk” weight and on a diet (interpret that as whatever number you choose, higher than 140lbs) if I gain 2lbs and then lose 2lbs, that’s the 2lbs I was supposed to have lost, but I gained it and then lost it, breaking even…hence I’m hanging out here at the 11lb loss with 19lbs staring me in the face and 4 totes of really super clothes (my voice is getting louder, and I’m getting excited but not yelling…yet) in my closet and 57 days ticking by on my Google countdown and I feel like I CAN’T DO IT!
Ugh.
Stop it, Stop it, STOP IT you silly thing! You are better than this and you know it. Forget the numbers and the dates and just do what is best for your bod today and determine to love the way you look on that cruise. And just realize that no matter how much you do or do not lose, one day when you are old and gray and wrinkly you will look back at photos of yourself at this time and see how beautiful you are!
ReplyDeleteNo more Little Miss Negative, or I will have no other option than to boycott this here blog and demand my money back. Consider yourself hugged and get that tooshie in motion!
Yes Ma'am! Thanks for sticking with me--my sister is very lucky to have a friend like you and I appreciate your pep talk! =) I'm stickin' to it with the diet--I just need to find the exercise bug again!!! I will not let my readers down! heheh!!
ReplyDelete