Ok. So I have a problem. Four years ago I started gaining weight in large chunks. 10lbs in a few days...5lbs a week later...and in a matter of a month or so I was up 30lbs. A million doctors appointments, exercise videos, running shoes and diets later, I've managed to gain another 10lbs. I've been whining about this on this blog for 2 years, right?
Yea...well, the guy (husband) who eats pretty much the same food that I eat, who doesn't exercise, who likes chocolate and wine and pizza and tasty kakes and regular soda...has managed to lose about 12lbs in the last 8 weeks (for a total of about 25lbs in the last year or so). Oh and his cholesterol is PERFECT. Did I mention that mine has gone up since July when I was told I need to work on lowering it? Yea like 40pts.
I'm totally screwed.
And I can't figure out why it isn't working for me....why am I busting my butt at least 3 days a week in our home gym, joining weight watchers, giving up certain foods except for special occasions and not losing any weight? Instead I'm stressed, depressed and fatter.
The doctors say there is nothing indicating that I have a problem. Aside from the fact that I feel like crap all the time, my chest hurts when I run, my muscles are doing something weird so that I can't breathe, my blood pressure is high, my cholesterol is high, I'm perfectly normal for a 31 year old. In fact, according to the doctor, the only concern he has is that I have anxiety. I guess it's normal to have all of these problems, be 40lbs overweight and be 31. Add 20 years to my life and I'd be in a hospital, on medication and a diet/exercise plan in order to save my life.
And the new exercise video I ordered that was supposed to be here yesterday didn't arrive with the mail today.
/sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment